Friday, June 17, 2011

Maru Sushi & Korean Grill

5032 South 108th Street (In strip with gigantic Godfather's Pizza)
Omaha, NE 68137
(402) 593-0717
Open daily for lunch except Sundays, dinner everyday, closes in between
http://www.marusushikoreangrill.com/


Beef Bulgogi with Vegetable Trio
Joke about my palette all you want, but I don't love sushi. "Why don't you stuff some more cheese in your face?" you might want to say. I guess it's the texture, or maybe the handful of times I've tried it it's been subpar. Or maybe I'm still growing up and I won't develop my taste buds for a few more years. Anyway, at Maru I ordered off the grill menu for a quick lunch. Sesame seeds everywhere in the brown sauce that was perfect mixed with the pillow-y soft white rice. Onions still crunchy but just caramelized enough to be sweet. The accompanying veggies were quite enjoyable, particularly the kimchi (cabbage), with its spicy crunch. Started with the Miso Soup and couldn't get that big ole spoon in my mouth fast enough. The lovely interior, with the high ceilings, wooden tables and tons of natural light, will bring me back to try another dish, maybe with a couple spicy tuna rolls this time. (!)
Beef Bulgogi
Potatoes, Chinese Broccoli, Kimchi
Miso Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment