Thursday, September 22, 2011

King Kong

4409 Dodge Street
Omaha, NE 68131
(402) 553-3326
Plus other locations in Omaha and Lincoln, open late
www.kingkongfastfood.com

While cruising around looking for a munch at 10pm and trying to avoid places with a dollar menu, I stopped at KK hoping to see a fight or robbery or some other disturbance. But no. The cops were just pigging out.

I went in already knowing my order from checking the menu online. My Chicken Philly with onions almost became a regular Philly with peppers until I caught the slab of beef being thrown on the grill. At that point I felt compelled to confirm my entire order with the glassy-eyed lad behind the counter. He cockily assured me. What I found when I uncovered the styrofoam at home I can only attribute to a straight up language barrier. My "small Greek salad" somehow became a "kids Gyro with fries," and my requested side of mayo was absent. The Chicken Philly was excessively salty to the point where the cheese was completely drowned out, but I have to hand it to them, the way they chop it up is the closest thing to what you'd find in the City of Brotherly Shove. The fries seem like they're dredged in flour; they're tasty, but hefty and over-processed. At $15 for the above meal, this place will keep me out of late night local businesses and in the drive thru lane, unfortunately.

Sorry, no pics. My hand was too shaky with anger over my messed up order to hold a camera. If you've had a better experience there, tell us about it!

1 comment:

  1. I swore three years ago never to go to the King Kong on Dodge, and thus I haven't.

    ReplyDelete